1 Day Workshop – Yoga + Dance = Yogadance!
How To Integrate Dance and Movement Expression Into Your Yoga Classes With Children
Dance, movement and music have immensely uplifted and made my yoga classes so much more juicy and easier to manage over the years and it was a hit from the word go.
I have tried and tested tons of different ways of integrating dance and movement expression into my classes:
From improvising group animal dances ‘on the spot’, to doing dance games, to doing movement exercises in pairs or small groups, to creating simple choreographies to simple yoga sequences for all ages!
There is so much to discover and explore with this so if you feel a spark and you love dance, this workshop is definitely for you.
You will learn:
- How to create simple dance choreographies to music with a sequence of yoga poses; this techniques can be applied to all ages
- How to improvise a dance on the spot with ALL children engaged
- The most popular dance games to play with children
- Movement Expression exercises in which the children become creative with their body and movement!
- How to practice certain social skills through movement and dance exercises
- How to find suitable music
Trainer Luna Surya Joy is an experienced and certified Biodanza / Dance of Life Facilitator for both adults and children and she used to be a Modern Dance performer. Throughout her childhood she explored many different forms of dance like rhythmic gymnastics, jazz ballet, classic ballet and modern dance.